If i HAVE to take the stop labor medication, I try to wait until I'm about to go to sleep because being awake for the side effects is miserable.
Last night my contractions were strong enough to make me stop and breath and becoming too close for comfort, so I took a magnesium and a both and about 15 gallons of water and laid on my left side and prayed to gods that I don't believe in to not make me take that wretched oval yellow pill...
Turns out, gods that I don't believe in are not so keen on granting wishes to crabby, swollen pregnant women who offer nothing in return.
I finally took the Nephedipine and laid down in bed, try to talk myself into being tired before the trembling and heart racing started. No such luck.
I got up and started pacing, laid down on the couch with my husband, got up and paced, laid back down in bed, took another bath, convinced myself that I was in labor but I wouldn't know it because the medicine made me too foggy to think straight, (and then thankfully let my husband convince me that it was just the meds making me have an anxiety attack, not actual labor).
After about 3 hours of carrying on like a lunatic and panicking about every contraction, (despite the fact that I've been having contractions every day on and off for well over two months, and you'd think I'd be used to it by now!), I laid back down in bed and let the husband comfort me into a restless sleep.
Obviously, since the contractions have slowed down this morning, I was NOT in labor last night. SO glad that I didn't show up at the hospital in my over-reactive panic only to be sent home again!
Pregnancy sure makes me into a lunatic.
No comments:
Post a Comment